How Many Magazines Per Gun byfor Modern Survival Blog
How many mags should I have per gun? Well, can you ever have too many? Okay, kidding aside, you may be wondering what is a good number of magazines per gun (for your pistols, rifles).
I polled the readers here (back during 2017 while Trump was President and there were lesser relative concerns). But I will be curious if it’s changed any – now that it’s 2021. Why? Because of the present regime’s well known plans and ambitions in this regard (2A takedown).
How Many Pistol Mags For SHTF
The majority felt that 4 to 6 extra mags per gun (pistol) was just about right. That question was not asked in context of SHTF. Rather, a general question. Still, four to six extra magazines does feel like a good number to be at. It allows for mag rotation, and spares.
How Many Magazines Per Rifle
10 magazines or more per gun (rifle / AR). That was the result of our poll. In fact, the majority said “more” than 10, while “10” came in second place. This question at the time referenced Rifles / AR platform.
Tip: Mark all your magazines (serialize in some way). That way if one of them becomes problematic, you know which one is which. I use an oil-based paint marker pen for this.
Reasons why you might consider having extra magazines for your guns – pistols & rifles:
- Potential for Leftist Regime .gov ban attempts of so called “high capacity” magazines
- Magazine may eventually become damaged from usage
- Your semi-auto firearms become essentially useless without a magazine
- Attempts at gun control always cause shortages of supply
- SHTF collapse survival, maintain adequate supply for security operations
- Magazines (and Guns & Ammo) will become extremely valuable during SHTF
- What would you add to the list / what is overlooked?