On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Christopher Ash discuss how church members can care for one another and their pastor, along with his book, The Book Your Pastor Wishes You Would Read (but is too embarrassed to ask) (The Good Book Company, 2019).
WHAT YOU’LL HEAR IN THIS EPISODE
- Why is it so important that church members care for their pastor.
- Why it’s important that church members see their pastor as a regular, ordinary person.
- Five keys that church members should reasonably hope for when it comes to our pastor or pastors caring for them.
- How church members can befriend their pastor and what that looks like.
- How important is it that Christians daily repent of sin and turn afresh to the Lord Jesus for the grace of God.
- The importance of Christians being in community with one another for their own spiritual growth and the growth of others in our local churches.
- What open and honest communication with our pastor looks like.
- How church members watch over their pastors and encourage them to make progress in their life and doctrine.
- What it looks like for a local church to express kindness to their pastor.
- The importance of church members having biblical expectations pastor and how to hold them to those expectations as Scripture requires.
- What submission to the pastor looks like in practice.
- How important is it that pastors have a pastor’s pastoral support group and what that looks like.