Gov DeSantis Announces Military Budget Proposal to Guard Florida’s Future Video
Governor Ron DeSantis announced more than $100 million in funding proposals to support Florida’s National Guard and establish the Florida State Guard, a civilian volunteer force that will assist the National Guard in state-specific emergencies. The Governor’s budget proposal includes:
• $87.5 million to expand the existing readiness center in Miramar and to establish three new armories in Homestead, Gainesville and Malabar;
• $8.9 million for existing armory maintenance;
• $2.2 million for a new headquarters for the National Guard Counter Drug Program;
• $5.1 million to support Florida National Guardsmen seeking higher-education degrees; and
• $3.5 million to establish the Florida State Guard.