Tennessee….There Ain’t No Place I’d Rather Be by Randolph Jason for Gospel News Network
GNN Note – False pride combined with a bad back is a terrible thing. This is the email that was sent to Pastor Mike and the people involved.
Hurting my back so many years ago is now taking it’s toll. It breaks my heart to have to stand on the sidelines and not help people that mean as much to me as the two of you mean to myself and (my wife). After explaining to Pastor Mike “help is on the way” reality is setting in this morning and false pride and ego have to be put on the shelf. It would be foolish to do something that is physically impossible to do.
Having a bad back is well known by almost everyone at The Gospel Church. Pride keeps saying “do something”. The reality is the only thing that would happen would be slowing progress.
Instead of physical help how about praying for a quick repair to the house, healing of your neighborhood and for the Love of God to fill your home. This, any aching body can do.
Love and Light,
As most all of you know by now Tennessee was hit pretty hard by a series of tornados in the middle of the night on the morning of Tuesday March 3, 2020. As a native Nashvillian it wouldn’t be right for me to watch as my neighbors pick up the pieces without me. By the grace of God we were spared, we can’t say the same for people we know and love. We will be spending time in the field today lending a hand where possible, praying and asking for the Holy Spirit to walk with all Tennesseans in this time of need – reign over us and guide our hands. If you’ve not seen the images they are horrific but will never tell the story behind the devastation. Since we were spared we will not be telling any stories as we do not have one to share. We will be praying, working and serving in any capacity that God sees fit.
We ask that if you can spare some time the need is great. If you can’t spare any time, please consider donating to Hands on Nashville – donate here
Pastor Mike and the Leadership Team at The Gospel Church put together an email for us yesterday and it reads in part
– Pray for families who are hurting today who lost loved ones or had their homes damaged.
– Pray for people who still may be trapped in the wreckage, that they would be found safe.
– Thank God for his goodness to you and your family if you were spared from the storms.
– We are collecting supplies to help those in need. We will be giving these supplies to Hands On Nashville.
– To donate please bring items to church on Sunday and we will collect them and deliver them to Hands on Nashville next week.
– Here is a list of items we are collecting:
- Sleeping Bags
- Baby Formula
- Baby Food
- Clothing of all sizes
- Bottled water
- Box Cutters
- Trash Bags
– We have decided that we are going to funnel our volunteers through Hands On Nashville. We feel that they can help mobilize us quicker than if we were to do it ourselves.
– Sign up here.