Solar AA Battery Charger | 2 Good Choices byfor Modern Survival Blog
I will suggest two choices for a solar aa battery charger. One is a nice standalone unit. The other, though more expensive, is a more powerful folding solar panel. A separate aa charger accessory plugs right in. It charges USB too — iPhone, Android, etc.).
Solar Battery Charger | AA, AAA, C, D
First, the following solar powered battery charger (pictured above) is a practical preparedness item to have. It will charge typical consumer-size AA & AAA rechargeable batteries including C & D.
When the power grid goes down, the sun keeps shining! We can harness that energy. And in this case with a solar charger for rechargeable batteries.
Support Our Site
Now is your chance to support Gospel News Network.
We love helping others and believe that’s one of the reasons we are chosen as Ambassadors of the Kingdom, to serve God’s children. We look to the Greatest Commandment as our Powering force.
SOLAR 11-in-1 BATTERY CHARGER by C.Crane
(view on amzn)
( jump below for an alternative 21-watt solar battery charger )
I have two of these solar aa battery chargers. They are still working perfectly and I have used them countless times in the sun to recharge batteries for devices including:
– AM/FM/Shortwave portable radio
– Emergency weather-alert radio
– 2 way radios, walkies
Solar Charger Feature | Built-in METER GAUGE
I like the fact that it includes a meter /gauge. The meter provides indication that the batteries are being recharged.
The meter helps optimize the charge rate — the angle of the solar panel facing towards the sun for highest charge rate.
About the C.Crane Solar 11-in-One Battery Charger
This high powered solar charger charges two Rechargeable Batteries of the same type and size (D, C, AA, AAA). It puts out about 150mA at ~ 5 volts.
The solar panel is built in to the hinged cover which can be angled for maximum sun exposure. Its built-in meter indicates the following conditions:
– The relative strength of the sun
– The strength of the current output from the solar panel
– The time required to fully charge the different types of batteries
This battery charger incorporates a built-in blocking diode to prevent reverse flow of electricity from charged batteries during storage.
21-Watt Solar Battery Charger | USB, AA, AAA
Another choice for a solar battery charger is the following 2-part combination which will recharge USB devices and AA, AAA rechargeable batteries:
1. 21-Watt Folding Solar Panel
21 WATT SOLAR CHARGER with 2-Port USB
(view on amzn)
– Fast charging technology maximizes charging speed
– 2 USB port output (e.g. cell phone or battery pack charging)
– up to 2.0A max per port or 3.0 A max overall (@5V)
– Will work with any USB device within technical specs.
2. Battery Charger for Solar Panel
SMART USB-powered BATTERY CHARGER for AA, AAA
(view on amzn)
– powered by USB source (use a micro USB charging cord)
– fits AA, AAA size rechargeable batteries
– 40 minutes to charge 1 battery fully
– 2.5 hours to charge 4
– ‘Smart’ battery charging technology
Note: In reality, solar charge time may take longer depending on sunlight conditions.