Love the MANY health benefits of turmeric but turned off by its strong flavor? Here are some foods that make it taste better by: Michelle Simmons for Natural News
Turmeric is indeed healthy, but some people may find it difficult to eat because of its flavor. It smells mildly aromatic and tastes slightly bitter. Although its flavor isn’t as strong as other spices, it cannot be eaten raw like cloves or cinnamon, so turmeric is often not consumed on its own. Instead, it is combined with other herbs, spices, or food to make it taste better or enhance the food’s flavor, color, and nutritional value.
Turmeric can be combined with foods like beans, beef, and carrots. It blends well with spices such as anise, chilies, chives, cilantro, citrus, cloves, and coriander. It also pairs well with cumin, curry leaves, dates, fennels, figs, fish, garlic, ginger, nutmeg, onion, paprika, pepper, poultry, rice, root vegetables, seafood, and veal.
Turmeric can also be added to tomato juice or other vegetable juice. It also tastes good when added to tea or hot chocolate milk. It can also be made into tea. Turmeric tea has an appealing taste and a soothing effect. To make turmeric tea, you need honey, orange juice, and turmeric powder. Add a teaspoon of turmeric and two tablespoons of honey to one-half cup of orange juice, then stir well. You can have this tea three times a day.
Support Our Site
Now is your chance to support Gospel News Network.
We love helping others and believe that’s one of the reasons we are chosen as Ambassadors of the Kingdom, to serve God’s children. We look to the Greatest Commandment as our Powering force.
This spice can be added to soups and curries as well. Turmeric loses its bitter taste when added to soups and curries because the ingredients in these foods mask the spice’s flavor. Better still, turmeric will make these foods healthier because of its impressive nutritional value.
Another way to have turmeric without dealing with its flavor is to make turmeric milk. You can make one by adding one teaspoon of the spice to hot milk or almond milk, then stir well. If you want, you may also add a sweetener such as honey. Turmeric milk will taste creamy and delicious.
Add more turmeric to your diet
Turmeric is considered one of the most powerful spices available because of the many health benefits it offers, so it is worth adding to your diet. Here are some of its health benefits.
- It fights inflammation: Many studies show that turmeric can reduce inflammation. This anti-inflammatory effect makes turmeric a great remedy for arthritis. The Arthritis Foundation recommends taking around 400 to 600 milligrams (mg) of turmeric up to three times every day for relieving inflammation.
- It relieves pain: Turmeric has been used for pain relief. One study on patients with arthritis in their knees who took 800 mg of turmeric each day even found that it is as effective as ibuprofen in relieving joint pain.
- It improves liver function: Turmeric has powerful antioxidant properties. For this reason, it can enhance liver function by protecting it against oxidative damage. This could be especially helpful for people with diabetes. (Related: Turmeric is a powerful anti-cancer agent and your liver’s best friend: Research.)
- It may help ward off cancer: The active ingredient in turmeric called curcumin has been reported to be a potential cancer-fighting agent. Studies show that it exhibits protective effects against various forms of cancer, such as multiple myeloma, pancreatic cancer, and prostate cancer.
- It aids in digestion: Turmeric can also be used to improve digestion because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. In Ayurvedic medicine, the spice is used as a natural remedy for digestive problems.
Learn More – Natural News